Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Good morning and Happy Easter to you all! Even if you don't celebrate this day for it's religious intentions I'm sure we all have fond memories of waking up to search for a candy and goodie filled basket full of green grass that gets everywhere and colorful plastic eggs :) At least I know I do! So because I'm trying to stay healthy and have a hard time with control when it comes to sweets, I decided to make myself an Easter Basket with healthy stuff! Behold my Easter basket: homemade healthy bunny and Easter egg shaped pancakes with banana slices for the candy!










Here's the pancake recipe if you'd like to try this delicious treat!
For 1 serving, 4 pancakes:
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/4 unsweetened applesauce
1/4 fat free millk
3 Tbsp egg whites or egg substitute
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2-3/4 tsp Splenda
a little water
Mix that all up and spoon 2-3 Tbsp of it into a pan for each pancake! Top with fresh fruit and sugar free syrup! Each pancake is just 1pt :)

Happy Easter all!

No comments:

Post a Comment