Friday, April 5, 2013

Calories vs. Points

Happy Friday!! It's a beautiful day here in Southern Illinois, finally some Spring/summer weather! Made me kind of sad to be indoors all morning working out, but I sure needed it... This last week and a half, two weeks, I've been experimenting with comparing what I eat in calories vs. points. I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and have been dutifully logging every morsel I consume, or fairly close to it. My experiment showed that counting points keeps you very close to the suggested calorie limit for weight loss. For example, I was on 16pts a day this last week and I usually kept under 1390 calories, 1400 being my limit, even counting veggies and fruit that are free on Weight Watchers!
I like the idea of counting both when I have the time because it really makes me concentrate on what I'm eating and helps me keep my fruits to a reasonable limit. My Fitness Pal makes it easy to log food, exercise and water intakes! If you're having trouble getting results or just want a challenge, try tracking both this week and let me know how it goes :)
I'm hoping to get back down to goal-weight this week, post spring break, and thus be able to really test my ability to balance eating more normal and exercising less crazily while maintaining that weight. This is something I'm very nervous about getting a handle on, especially with a summer at home ahead of me.

Hope you are all well! Please message me if you have any questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment