Friday, April 19, 2013

Crazy happenings...

Hello everyone!
First of all I'd like to extend my deepest sympathies to anyone affected by the Boston Marathon bombs and the Texas fertilizer plant explosions. This week has been a dark one for our country and I hope that the particulars can be resolved soon. I would challenge you all to dedicate your runs or other workout to Pray for Boston and share them.
  Well, I finally made it back down to my goal weight yay! It took more effort this time, at least it felt like it, and I think part of that is because I have more muscle and less fat so dropping weight is harder. So to those of you in the same boat just keep at it!!! I also suggest switching it up, sometimes it can help jumpstart the process. Now comes the daunting task of learning to maintain this weight. I think that as long as I keep exercising at least 3x a week and eat wisely, at my point limit rather than below, I should be able to maintain and maybe even lose a little more fairly easily. The real trick will come when I go home for the summer... But I've been charged with the task of helping my mom get into a healthy routine and I'm addicted to exercising, so hopefully it won't be as hard!
  Something that I've always had an issue with is stress/boredom eating... Recently there's been a lot of stress in my life so I really needed to find a healthy way of dealing with this. I started taking walks or running at time s of the day when the cravings are at their worst; this makes me less hungry and feel much happier :) You really are only a run or a workout away from a better mood!
  I've promised my family and friends that I would accept a +/- 4lb mentality and I hope to be able to stick to it. This is to allow for menstruation weight fluxes and the occasional splurge. I suggest everyone coming to the end of their journey develop a similar strategy to make life livable and not a constant weight struggle.
  Recipes I've tried this week:
     -6pt Taco Salad
            1/2 cup fresh spinach
            1 cup romaine lettuce
             cucumber
             1/2 bell pepper
              2 chives
              1 roma tomatoe
            1/2 c 97% lean ground turkey cooked in taco seasoning and salsa
             1/8 c fat free cheddar cheese
             6-8 Baked Tositoes Scoops crumbled over the top
             2 tbps Fat-free Thousand Island dressing


            1pt Banana Bread
              0pt Banana Ice cream!
                  frozen bananas in the blender with unsweetened cocoa and or low-fat peanut butter/ pb2
                      

I'm going to try some Skinny Chicken Taquitos this week, I'll let you all know how it goes :) Other than that I'm just trying to keep up with school and studying for my Radiology Registry exam, only 28 days til I take that...
Keep at it! As always feel free to comment here or message me with questions or if you'd like to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment