Friday, April 26, 2013

New Things

Happy Friday everyone!!
 So last weekend I watched a few documentaries on Netflix about dieting and eating clean and all that... It inspired me to 1) look more closely at what's actually in my food and 2) to try going Sweet-free for a week. Sweets are my achilles heel, and also are the least natural, most processed foods currently in my diet so I wanted to see what all would happen if I took them out. BOOM down 2 more pounds, and that's with less exercise than last week but quadruple the results! I also noticed that my belly is flatter and I am fuller.
  Protein, fat, and carbs are all necessary for satiety; so by restricting those I wasn't doing my body any favors and felt more deprived than anything. This week I chose almonds and cottage cheese with applesauce as my snacks, the almonds are much higher in point value but they are so fulfilling and helped me to feel fuller.
 My recommendation, try a week or so like I did and reduce the processed foods, especially sweets in your life :)

Recipes I used this week were: healthy chicken taquitoes, and the healthy hash scramble!
This weekend I have my local Relay for Life so I won't be able to eat very well, but I have packed some healthy snacks like apple slices, carrot sticks, banana pb2 wraps and a subway. I am on the committee as well as being a team captain so I will be there for about 19 hours O.O looonnngggg day! But I will be getting plenty of exercise walking, and it should be a good time, the Survivors lap and Luminaria ceremony always get to me...

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I'll check back in with you all later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment