Sunday, February 17, 2013

Challenges and Changes and Acceptance

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a bit since I posted last, been busy with school and have had some challenges to work through... So today I'd like to write about acceptance. First of all no matter how far you've yet to go toward your goal, appreciate how far you've already come. This is essential and something I've tried to keep perspective of during my journey. This whole thing can get stressful when you've set a specific weight goal in your mind, no matter if its reasonable or not; when you get within those last 5lbs you're just so ready to get there so ready to be done and your body just has a really hard time accepting that so it won't let go. This is where acceptance comes in, accept how far you've gotten and that you may not get to that final goal for awhile, so take a deep breath, appreciate yourself and applaud your hard work and just keep trying.
      For me this took a slight breakdown, a good long chat with my biggest supporter and some chocolate ;) But once I started getting that into my head I made a slight change to my plan, I wouldn't go at it as hard and see what happens. And you know what? I still lost weight that week, I still made progress, and I was less stressed! So the moral here is when you get to that point where it feels like you're trying your hardest and not getting anywhere, take a step back, maybe even a step down and just keep trying, keep believing. Sooner or later you will get there.
     Something else I'd like to discuss is the whole idea of keeping your body guessing. So I've heard and read many places that the key to good steady long term weight loss is habit, its having a plan and sticking to it, consistency. But lately this new idea of keeping your body guessing by changing up your workouts, eating slightly more and slightly less on alternating days is growing in strength. Here's my take on it: to get started you need routine and you need habit to get used to it and to be able to stick to it and see consistent results. The changing it up comes when you get to the point I talked about earlier, when that doesn't seem to be working as fast as you'd like and you need a little break a little difference. Either way works and both are good theories in my opinion.
  No matter where you are in your journey remember that you can do it, just keep trying and do not get discouraged by setbacks, just turn them into comebacks! We are all in this together :) If you have any questions comments or just want to talk feel free to message me!

No comments:

Post a Comment