Saturday, February 23, 2013

When to Up the game

Hello everybody! I hope you had a good week :) Today I'd like to talk about when to Up your game in other words, when to try just a little harder. This is in addition to changing up your workout to keep your body guessing as we discussed last week. So I've had to hardest time trying to break 144lbs, my body just seems to love that number... I came across a meme earlier this week that said "When you want it as much as you need to breath, you'll find a way" At first I thought this was a bit extreme, and it is if you take it literally; but what I take from it is that when you want something enough, when you're willing to compromise, that's when it starts working.
  Ever since I got back down to 144 post-holidays I've been trying to use all my points and work out just a little less intensely to get my metabolism ready for when I reach my goal, so that I don't gain all that weight back. This week though, I decided I wanted to see, really just see if I could break 144. I've wanted it for a long time, but on Friday I finally said I wanted it as much as breathing. So I worked myself as hard as I've ever worked and BOOM! I made it down to 142.6lbs and proved to myself that I am strong enough :) Now I'm not saying whenever you feel like you've hit a snag to go out and work yourself to death, all I'm saying is that 1) this takes dedication and probably some sacrifice, especially if you want timely results and 2) if you hit a long-term snag, chances are you're going to have to Up your game.
  A lot of this is finding what your body needs, what it likes, and what works. Sweets are my Achilles heel, so I found chocolate flavored gum (sounds nasty but it tastes really good and does the trick!). I know I need to eat protein after a workout to maximize my effort, that even though I may have the points I need to use them on healthier options like fat-free yogurt, proteins and such not sugar. Figuring out some of these things is just trial-and-error, you may notice trends as you get on your journey pay attention to these and make changes accordingly.
 A tip for keeping motivated with the healthy eating is to try new recipes! I try to make a new one every week and sometimes depending on if I have company I may try too. These keep your taste buds happy and let you stay on track. Food.com and Pinterest are my two main sources for healthy recipes.
 As always, good luck on your journey this week feel free to message me or comment on this post with any questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment