Saturday, January 26, 2013

Introductions

To start off I'd like to give you a little bit of background on me to let you better understand why I'm doing this and why it means to much. First of all, I may only be 21 but my body has been through more than most peoples go through in their entire life. I've been through chemotherapy twice, once for Hodgkin's Lymphoma and another time for an infection. I've had radiation therapy, seizure medications, steroids, and so many other chemicals injected or otherwise put inside my body that I've lost count. Let me tell you it may be hard to be fit when you're otherwise healthy, but its a beast when you've got other issues going on. I've struggled with weight and health my whole life, but about 6 months ago, a few months after I achieved "cure"(5 years of my cancer being in remission) I made a decision that literally turned my life around. I was tired of having my health and happiness seemingly out of my control. So I got organized, did some research and went at it! Thanks to the support of my family and friends, and my own hard work, things are finally turning around.
   Here's what I did and what I want to share with all of you: I researched a widely accepted eating plan that has worked for people I know personally and other who have had just a hard of time with weight as me, Weight Watchers. I didn't want to pay for the service because I wanted to make sure I could stick to it first, so I found some websites that calculate your daily point allotment ( which I think is a whole lot easier and more satisfying than counting calories). The number seemed reasonable to I made myself some sample meal plans that sounded good. At the same time I started exercising at the Student Recreation Center on my university's campus, I started out slow and then let it grow!
    Between those two things, eating right and exercising I've lost a net total of 60lbs! If I can do this so can you, so can anybody. And let me tell you, even when I don't meet my expectations for weight loss on a given week I feel stronger and healthier than ever. I plan on posting all the recipes I've found and liked, a sample of my exercise regime, Pinterest posts and other websites I've found helpful and motivational things. I hope you'll read and enjoy this blog, please feel free to leave comments or notes if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment